Wickedfood® Cooking School is an ideal venue for group and corporate functions. The school lends itself to a variety of group activities, from customer entertaining and relationship building, to team building, staff assessment and incentives, or competition cooking, where up to 4 groups of a maximum of 12 per group, each cooking the same 6 dishes, can be pitted against each other in a fun, safe environment. An added advantage is that due to the nature of our hands-on classes, participants never feel threatened or moved outside their comfort zone as in many other team building activities.
Key managers are easily able to assess staff members’ skills with regards to problem solving and team interaction. Hosts are able to spend substantial time communicating with customers, during the class, as opposed to other activities such as golf days where they are limited to an isolated group of people for the duration of the activity.
Classes run in the mornings from ±09h00, and in the evening, from latest 18h00 (or at earlier times convenient to clients), and run for approximately 3–3½ hours, including eating the meal prepared, at the end of the class.
The format of each class is as follows:
- Introduction to the preparation of all the dishes to be cooked. We work on a minimum of 6 dishes per class. Each class is a separate module where a full menu is prepared.
- The class is divided into groups, and each student gets involved in preparing the various dishes (you get your hands dirty, but we provide the use of aprons, so come in comfortable clothes and shoes, preferably non-slip gym shoes).
- At the end of the class, participants sit down together and enjoy the food that they have prepared.
What is included in the price?
- Extensive notes and recipes;
- All ingredients and the use of aprons to wear while cooking (we also have branded aprons for sale and with enough lead-in time can have these embroidered with company logos);
- Teas, coffees (on request) and soft drinks in the morning classes; limited white and red house wine by the glass, and soft drinks in the evening classes;
- The meal at the end. Bring only your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
About Wickedfood Cooking Schools
Wickedfood® Cooking School started running classes from a restaurant premises in Illovo in October 2001. In May 2002, the school was moved to a purpose-built kitchen in Fourways, accommodating up to 16 students per class. Over the next 2 years the school developed a highly successful formula that is in great demand to both individual clients and the corporate environment.
A new school opened in Montecasino, Fourways, Sandton, in mid 2004. Our newest school opened in Sunninghill in August 2007. The schools can accommodate up to 60, in hands-on classes in state-of-the-art, purpose-built, teaching kitchens and offer over 30 classes (including special halaal options) specifically for the corporate and group market.
Past students’ comments:
“Thanks for the wonderful afternoon. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and we will definitely be back.”
Sharon Plint – Health Science Academy.
“Last night was a really memorable, spectacular occasion and one which will be remembered by us fondly for a long time. I know that I will definitely be making use of Wickedfood’s services into the future. Thank you for your innovative approach to relationship building – I have no doubt that last night went a long way to further cementing our business friendship.” Ed Grondel, CEO, FNB Homeloans (e-mail from FNB to Sablehomes in response to a series of corporate entertaining events that Sablehomes organised at Wickedfood® Cooking School).
To view more Testimonials Click Here